“The Red Thread” Rotation Sunday School Program
“He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom,so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” Colossians 1:28
The Red Thread is an exciting Sunday school program being offered by the Christian Education Team. It is Christ who holds the Word of God together, like a thread woven throughout the scriptures in every book of the bible. The blood of Christ makes the thread red. By His blood we are saved. The program is based on a rotational model that concentrates on major Bible stories in a repetitive fashion. The same story is taught each week of a four week rotation, but taught in different interactive learning styles. Some examples include drama, cooking, art, games, story time and others. This model builds lasting memory and understanding of the story, while allowing everyone an opportunity to learn in the style that’s best for them.
Here’s the Workshop Rotation Model in a nutshell:
- Teach major Bible stories and concepts through kid-friendly multimedia workshops. The story gets explored and learned in-depth through a variety of creative teaching styles.
- Teach the same Bible story for four weeks rotating the kids to a different workshop each week. The kids look forward to a different experience, teacher, and room each week.
- Keep the same teacher in each workshop for all four weeks, teaching the same lesson week after week with some age appropriate adjustments. The teachers don’t have to plan a new lesson each week. Instead, they plan once, modify each week, and get better and more creative as the weeks pass in the workshop of their preferred teaching style.
Here’s why it works:
The Workshop Rotation Model concentrates on the major stories of the Bible over and over again. This philosophy recognizes that kids not only love repetition, but they need it to develop a lasting memory and understanding of the content. It takes the fun and exciting learning spaces that are used for VBS, and gives them permanence. And because the teacher can teach in the creative style they are comfortable with, the teaching and learning experience is enriched. There are also Shepherds for every class level.Unlike the teacher, the Shepherd does rotate with the kids. They have a unique role that keeps a consistent person with the class, and provides aide to the workshop teacher. If you’d like to learn more visit www.rotation.org.
Year 1 Curriculum: New Beginnings
- The Birth of Moses
- The Birth of Jesus from Matthew
- Jesus’ Baptism
- The Prodigal Son
- Jesus’ Crucifixion & Burial
- The New Jerusalem
Year 2 Curriculum: Covenant People
- Noah’s Ark
- The Birth of Jesus from Mary’s Perspective
- Moses & The Ten Commandments
- Naomi & Ruth
- Jesus on Trial
- Sermon on the Mount
Year 3 Curriculum: Great Moments in Faith
- Jacob & Esau
- Crossing the Red Sea
- The Birth of Jesus from Luke
- David Becomes King
- At the Home of Mary & Martha
- The Triumphal Entry
- The Widow’s Offering
- Saul’s Conversion
Sunday School classes meet at 9:00am every Sunday from September to May.
Come Join Us!